Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meatless Recipe: Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup

Since my staff meeting consisted of BBQ yesterday (which I ate a roll, cole slaw, and banana pudding), I wanted to come home and make something warm and satisfying. This did it. My precious Momma sent me this recipe and I finally got around to trying it.
Sorry for the lack of pictures, I was starting to feel sick and I got to speak last night, so I wasn't in the mood to snap photos

EVOO
3 medium sweet potatoes - cubed small
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 T chili powder
1 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp red pepper
3 cups vegetable broth
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes - do NOT drain

cilantro and lime to finish

Saute all up to seasonings for about 4 minutes, then add seasonings, saute over medium heat for another 6-8 minutes. Add in everything else and simmer (covered) until the sweet potatoes are done. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes for the whole thing (key is cubing your potatoes small).

Bowl up and top with cilantro and lime.

SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment